One of the highlights of the Scottish Rural Parliament is the moment when we showcase the innovation of rural communities and businesses from across Scotland – and this year will be no different! This is a great opportunity for rural communities to share their experiences and help find solutions to the problems they face.
The awards are open to a communities, public or private organisations and should be able to demonstrate innovation in meeting the needs of rural communities.
This year, we have the following categories:
Environment and land use
Transport and infrastructure
Innovation in Dumfries and Galloway
Youth-led (up to 25)
Food and drink
Building rural communities
The small print! Please read before entering.
- The competition is being run by Scottish Rural Action.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Rural Innovators Award Entry’ – please clearly mark the category you are entering, otherwise your entry may not be considered.
- The deadline for entries is 5pm on 15 December 2018.
- You can only submit one entry per category.
- There will be one winner for each category.
- Judges appointed by Scottish Rural Action will shortlist each category, the final decision will be made by the public via an online poll.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Winners will be invited to a attend the Scottish Rural Parliament and will have the opportunity give a short presentation about their entry
- Winners will be expected to participate in publicity relating to the awards.
- Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of these rules.