We are pleased to announce a vacancy for a Press and Admin Officer for the Scottish Rural Parliament.
The successful candidate needs to be based in our office on the Isle of Bute and meet the eligibility criteria for a Community Jobs Scotland position.
Salary: £7.20 per hour for 25 hours/ week
Duration: Temporary position for 6 months
Location: Rothesay, Isle of Bute. Travel and other expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with SRA’s policy.
Scottish Rural Action (SRA) manages the Scottish Rural Parliament and seeks to be a powerful voice for rural Scotland. We are a small, non-profit organsation with a high profile.
The Press & Admin Officer is an important part of the team and will be accountable to the Board, through the National Co-ordinator, for the following:
1. Provide general administrative support for the organisation.
2. Support the organisation and delivery of the Scottish Rural Parliament 2016.
3. Liaise with the media before and during the event, as guided and supported by the National Coordinator.
4. Assist with the promotion and publicity before, during and after the event through social media.
5. Respond to press and other queries regarding the event programme and logistics.
6. Attend events and training and represent SRA and the Rural Parliament as delegated.
7. Maintain the website and any additional social media as directed.
8. Seek and identify opportunities for coverage in the press.
9. Maintain a record of all press coverage secured by Scottish Rural Action.
10. Collate and secure advertising materials for the Scottish Rural Parliament.
11. Provide assistance to VIPs and press during the Scottish Rural Parliament.
12. Develop a comprehensive media contacts database.
13. Carry out any additional tasks as required by the National Coordinator, Administrator or Directors.
For more information: http://jobs.scvo.org.uk/JobSearch/JobDetail?fid=a1Xb000000674vPEAQ&p=p19v
For eligibility information see: http://jobs.scvo.org.uk/