An early call for views on the key priorities for the National Transport Strategy for Scotland has been issued with the deadline of 31st March.
It is essential that the views of rural communities are represented and we are pleased to sit on the Partnership Group for the National Transport Strategy, which is being written throughout 2017 & 2018, for publication in 2019. We will keep you updated throughout the process.
The online survey is an early call to help shape the process for delivery, and contains just five questions:
- Have you used, or referred to, the 2006 National Transport Strategy (NTS)?
- The current strategy sets out the three key strategic outcomes of improved journey times and connections; reduced emissions; and improved quality, accessibility and affordability. Do you think each of these will still be relevant over the next 20 years?
- If there was one thing that needs to change substantially now in transport, what would that be?
- What do you think are the main transport challenges and opportunities over the next 20 years?
- How would you like us to engage with you during the development of the future strategy that will lead to a formal public consultation?
Further information and details are available here: http://www.transport.gov.scot/strategy/national-transport-strategy