It is currently free to become a member of Scottish Rural Action. Membership helps us to strengthen the voice of rural people and communities. To become a member you must agree with our objects.
The objects of Scottish Rural Action are:
- To encourage and actively support the development of an inclusive and sustainable Scottish rural movement that is rooted in Scotland’s rural communities and empowers and connects them.
- To support the organisation of a Scottish Rural Parliament that meets with the purpose of giving a stronger, more coherent voice to Scotland’s rural communities and enabling them to engage more effectively with government at all levels.
- To support and promote the development of a Scottish rural movement and Parliament.
The benefits of being a member of Scottish Rural Action include:
- A more powerful voice for rural Scotland- your membership strengthens our collective voice for rural Scotland
- Attend the biennial Members Day and Rural Parliament’s to network with other communities, influence policy and connect with decision-makers.
- Receive information and updates on news and policy affecting rural communities through our regular newsletter.
- Be a part of our growing network of community organisations, regional and national organisation and individuals who live, work and have an interest in rural Scotland.
- Gain access to free or subsidised training.
- Opportunities to share your own knowledge and experiences with those in similar situations, and benefit from those shared by others.
- The right to be nominated as a Director of SRA, vote at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and influence our work throughout the year.
- Representation and connection with the European Rural Parliament including a limited number of opportunities to attend the biennial event.
You can apply for membership using a paper form which you can print and return to us or by using an online form. Members are approved by the board of directors at their next meeting.
Download: SRA-Membership-Form 2017– Word
Download: SRA-Membership-Form 2017 – pdf
Online membership form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SRAmembership
Download: Memorandum of Association.
Download: Current Members
Membership is of the legally constituted organising body, Scottish Rural Action. Members can be national organisations, community organisations (those with a local or regional remit) or individuals. Associate membership is also available for public bodies, juniors (under 16) and others. To join, please fill in the form here and return by post. Membership is currently free.