- This event has passed.
#ruralhour- Land Reform Bill
August 11, 2015 @ 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The next #ruralhour is a discussion on the new Land Reform Bill. There will be more details coming once we know what the Bill contains.
Date: Tuesday 11th August 2015
Q3 – To secure the right to buy, any community must satisfy Scottish Ministers that all the
sustainable development tests are met. These are that,
• the transfer of land is likely to further the achievement of sustainable development in
relation to the land;
• the transfer of land is in the public interest;
• the transfer of land is likely to result in significant benefit to the community; and is
• the only practicable way of achieving that significant benefit; and
• not granting consent to the transfer of land would result in significant harm to the
Reference should be made to economic development, regeneration, public health, social wellbeing and environmental wellbeing in assessing the last three tests.
To find us on Twitter search for @ScotRuralParl.
To take part, search for #ruralhour at 9pm on Tuesday 11th August 2015 and respond to the questions we post, or conversations on the subject that other people start. Keep using #ruralhour with every tweet and refresh your #ruralhour search to make sure you see what other people are saying.
For info on how to use Twitter see: https://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter